Please visit us at
Opening in December, CityCenter Represents Nation’s Single Largest Employment Opportunity
LAS VEGAS –Today, CityCenter embarks on the single largest hiring effort in the nation as it begins to fill 12,000 permanent positions. The spectacular urban resort destination will open on the Las Vegas Strip this December.
“We’re proud to celebrate this significant milestone as we begin to extend job offers to 12,000 deserving individuals. Rich in diversity, intelligence and passion, this team will form the foundation of the extraordinary experience that CityCenter will deliver,” said Bobby Baldwin, president and CEO, CityCenter. “Since breaking ground in 2006, CityCenter has employed more than 9,000 construction workers who have helped bring this vision to reality. When we open this December, demand created by CityCenter will result in thousands of additional jobs at outside companies. This is more than a collection of resorts; we see it as a beacon of hope for a future of renewed economic vitality in Las Vegas.”
Jobs will be filled at ARIA Resort & Casino, Vdara Hotel & Spa and Crystals retail and entertainment district. Positions cover all departments including food and beverage, hotel operations, casino operations, entertainment, finance, human resources, facilities, security and more. Crystals’ retail and restaurant partners each will hire their employees independently. The Harmon, a luxury 400-room boutique hotel, is slated to open at CityCenter in late 2010 and will announce hiring plans at a later date.
CityCenter’s Opening Dates
• December 1 – Vdara
• December 3 – Crystals
• December 4 – Mandarin Oriental
• December 16 – ARIA Resort & Casino
EMPLOYMENT FUN FACTS
• Nearly 4,280 food and beverage employees – including 165 master cooks, 15 sommeliers, 255 bartenders, 60 bakers, 10 shabu shabu cooks, and numerous ice cream and crepe makers – will guide guests on delectable culinary journeys at ARIA and Vdara’s restaurants
• Approximately 130 employees – handling lighting and props to wigs and make-up – will be behind the scenes to bring ARIA’s Viva ELVIS™ by Cirque du Soleil® production to life
• More than 1,300 table game dealers, floor supervisors, slot operators and guest service representatives will work in ARIA’s casino
• Guests may indulge in soothing treatments from more than 160 massage therapists, aestheticians and manicurists at ARIA and Vdara’s spas
• Approximately 1,200 guestroom staff will work at ARIA and Vdara combined
• Additional unique jobs at CityCenter include running the electric CityCenter Tram, which connects CityCenter to Monte Carlo and Bellagio; and operating the development’s 8.5 megawatt co-generation plant, representing the first energy generation on The Strip.
Delivering unprecedented experiences and amenities within a spectacular architectural setting, CityCenter will be the new international destination for resorts, entertainment, dining, nightlife, retail, art and design.
# # #
CityCenter is an unprecedented urban metropolis opening in December 2009 on 67 acres between Bellagio and Monte Carlo resorts on the Las Vegas Strip. CityCenter is a joint venture between MGM Resorts International (NYSE: MGM) and Infinity World Development Corp, a subsidiary of Dubai World. CityCenter will feature ARIA, a 61-story, 4,004-room gaming resort; luxury non-gaming hotels including Las Vegas’ first Mandarin Oriental and Vdara Hotel & Spa; Veer Towers, the development’s only strictly residential buildings; and Crystals, a 500,000-square-foot retail and entertainment district. Vdara, Mandarin Oriental, Las Vegas and Veer Towers will include approximately 2,400 residences total. Additionally, The Harmon, a 400-room luxury boutique hotel, is slated to open at CityCenter in late 2010. CityCenter also will feature Viva ELVIS™ by Cirque du Soleil®, celebrating the music and life of Elvis Presley; and an unparalleled Fine Art Collection with works by acclaimed artists including Maya Lin, Jenny Holzer, Nancy Rubins, Claes Oldenburg and Coosje van Bruggen, among others. CityCenter is a design collaboration between MGM Resorts International and eight internationally acclaimed architectural firms including Pelli Clarke Pelli, Kohn Pedersen Fox, Helmut Jahn, RV Architecture LLC led by Rafael Viñoly, Foster + Partners*, Studio Daniel Libeskind*, David Rockwell and Rockwell Group, and Gensler. At the forefront of sustainability, CityCenter will be one of the world’s largest green developments. ARIA and Vdara are the first Las Vegas hotels to achieve LEED® Gold certification by the U.S. Green Building Council. Crystals also has received LEED® Gold certification, making it the world’s largest retail district to receive this level of recognition. CityCenter’s remaining venues are poised to receive a combination of LEED Gold and Silver ratings. For more information about CityCenter, please visit www.citycenter.com.
* As a consultant to AAI Architects, Inc.
For More Information:
Kirvin Doak Communications