Please visit us at
• New York
• David Rockwell
• With a desire to entertain both the eye and the individual, David Rockwell and Rockwell Group take a cross-disciplinary approach to an inventive array of projects. Crafting a unique and individual narrative concept for each project is fundamental to Rockwell Group’s successful design approach. From the big picture to the last detail, the story informs and drives the design. The seamless synergy of technology, craftsmanship and design is reflected in environments that combine high-end video technology, handmade objects, special effects, custom fixtures and furniture.
• Characterized by rich materials, innovative narrative and a sense of theater, recent projects by Rockwell Group include Lincoln Center’s Film Society; Gap’s newest retail brand, Forth & Towne; set designs for the Broadway hit musicals Hairspray and Dirty Rotten Scoundrels; the Chambers (New York) and W (New York) hotels; the Kodak Theater (Los Angeles) and numerous restaurants including Nobu and Nobu Fifty Seven (New York); Café Gray at the Time Warner Center; Pod (Philadelphia); Roppongi Hills (Tokyo); and Maze (London).
• Rockwell Group’s work has received numerous awards, and David Rockwell was named “Designer of the Year” by Interiors and inducted into the Interior Design’s Hall of Fame. The Incubator Project, Best Cellars wine store and Pod restaurant received awards from the New York Chapter of the AIA. BusinessWeek’s Industrial Design Excellence Awards recently honored W Union Square and Chambers in the Environments category.
• Rockwell Group has been featured in Crain’s, Architecture, Architectural Record, Domus, I.D. Magazine, Interior Design, Interiors, USA Today, Chicago Tribune, New York Magazine, Time, Newsweek, Forbes and The New York Times.
Experiencing Art and Entertainment
• Crystals, CityCenter’s 500,000-square-foot retail and entertainment district, features international luxury brands and high-end couture under a crystalline canopy of unprecedented brilliance. For the interior architecture, David Rockwell and Rockwell Group created an experiential environment to complement the overall city scene. This inviting neighborhood of unique retail shops and dining venues form the core of this urban metropolis.
# # #
For More Information
MGM Resorts International